Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour® Cream is the legendary, award-winning skin protectant that does more than soothe sun-burned skin, rehydrate chapped lips, and heal rough elbows and calluses. It’s also the secret that makeup artists all over the world use for keeping legs, lips and eyelids shiny; eyebrows in place; and cuticles perfectly manicured. There are an infinite number of ways to use this classic cream, but here are 8 great ones:
1. SKIN SAVER – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations, including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. SHINE FACTOR – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs.
3. EYE OPENER – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day.
4. CUTICLE CONDITIONER – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured.
5. TREAT FOR FEET – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
6. AFTER-SUN SOOTHER – With its legendary soothing and moisturizing benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin.
7. FLIGHT TOOL – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Pack this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. LEG WEAR – Great for an après shave or après wax treatment. This classic cream calms irritation, reduces redness and leaves legs super-smooth and silky-soft.
THE LEGEND Created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden herself to soothe skin, Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant became an instant and overwhelming success. What made it so effective? A combination of petrolatum, a skin-soothing beta-hydroxy -- debuting in one of its first cosmetic uses -- and vitamin E. The apricot-colored balm was so beneficial to her clients that Miss Arden even used it to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses' legs. Even its name came about thanks to a remarkable performance – a loyal client used it to treat her child's skinned knee and "Eight Hour®s" later, the skin was all better.
As seen on The Today Show and Rachael Ray.
BEAUTY TIP: "As a makeup artist, I love to use this on the runway. The eyelids, cheekbones – the lips as a gloss. It's great as a brow fixative to keep the brows in place. It's great on the elbows and cuticles; it heals, moisturizes and soothes. It reverses the dryness in the skin, especially during cold weather – it's terrific. It gives that beautiful, healthy and natural look to the skin."—Rebecca Restrepo, Global Makeup Artist
Beauty Award Winner:
- Shape Beauty Award: Department Store Icon (USA) 2016
- Condé Nast Traveler Travel Essentials Award (USA) 2016
- Style Best Jetset Style 2015 - Best All-Around Salve (Singapore) 2015
- Nylon Beauty's Most Wanted 2014
- CEW Iconic Beauty Award: Iconic Beauty Category (UK)
- Danish Beauty Awards Classic of the Year (Denmark)
- Evening Herald Best All Rounder (Ireland) 2012
- ACP Media ACP 2012 Beauty Awards: Best “Can’t Live Without” Product (New Zealand) 2012
- Chatelaine Magazine 2012 Top 100 Beauty Products (Canada) 2012
- Australian Women’s Weekly AWW Product of the Year Awards: Beauty Hall of Fame (New Zealand) 2012
- Essentials Magazine Essentials Beauty Awards: Skincare (South Africa) 2012
- CEW : Best Classic (UK) 2012
- Elle Elle Beauty Awards: Best Multitasker (UK) 2012
- Stylist Stylist Skincare Awards: Best Classic (UK) 2012
- Elle Elle Best Beauty Geniuses: Best Multitasker (USA) 2012
- iVillage Stuff We Love: Skincare Miracle Worker (USA) 2012